Molekule's PECO technology demonstrates power of pollutant destruction in air purification
Three new studies were completed, including one from
“The new studies highlight the culmination of nearly three decades of rigorous scientific research and development. PECO technology not only captures but destroys pollutants at a microscopic scale, ultimately helping people who suffer from specific pollutant triggers breathe better air,” said
- Researchers found a measurable difference between Molekule’s PECO technology and HEPA compared to control groups. The study found a four-fold increase in the allergic response in control groups compared to PECO and HEPA groups.
- The study also found that when looking at immune cells and chemicals within the mice, the PECO group had a better outcome than the HEPA group. Both were significantly better than the control group.
The researchers hypothesized that mice in the PECO group exhibited fewer cells associated with immune response because the PECO filtration destroyed dander particles that the HEPA filtration did not capture. The Company believes these results are promising and intends to develop them further as part of human clinical testing.
- Patients in the Air Pro purifier group consisted of 18 females with a mean age of 70 and candidates in the placebo group consisted of 19 females with a mean age of 74.
- The research demonstrated that in-room devices with PECO technology could help reduce the length of hospital stays by approximately two days — a statistically significant length of time.
Additionally, an imminent
- The results show the virus that causes COVID-19 oxidizes onto the filter, leaving no evidence of its presence.
Molekule provides one of the largest ranges of proprietary and patented FDA-cleared air purification devices available today. The Company was founded in 2014 to tackle the adverse impacts of polluted air in health care, education, hospitality and commercial smart building applications.
For more information about how Molekule’s patented PECO technology detects and destroys organic pollutants, please visit molekule.com.
References to “Molekule” herein include
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are based upon current beliefs and expectations of our management and are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties. Words or expressions such as “expects,” “anticipates,” “intends,” “plans,” “believes,” “estimates,” “may,” “will,” “projects,” “could,” “should,” “would,” “seek,” “forecast,” or other similar expressions help identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause actual events to differ include, but are not limited to:
- general economic conditions in the markets where we operate;
- the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and related prophylactic measures;
- expected timing of regulatory approvals and product launches;
- non-performance of third-party vendors and contractors;
- risks related to our ability to successfully sell our products and the market reception to and performance of our products, including our new Molekule 360 indoor air quality management solutions;
- the possibility that our products do not ultimately perform in line with our testing or that prior test results may not be replicated in future studies;
- our compliance with, and changes to, applicable laws and regulations;
- our limited operating history;
- our ability to manage growth;
- our ability to obtain additional financing when and if needed;
- our ability to expand product offerings;
- our ability to compete with others in our industry;
- our ability to protect our intellectual property;
- the ability of certain stockholders to determine the outcome of matters that require stockholder approval;
- our ability to retain the listing of our common stock on Nasdaq;
- our ability to defend against legal proceedings;
- success in retaining or recruiting, or changes required in, our officers, key employees or directors;
- the ability to successfully integrate Molekule, Inc.
- the incurrence of unexpected costs, liabilities or delays relating to our merger with Molekule, Inc.
- the risk that goodwill or identifiable intangible assets (including such items recorded with respect to our merger with
Molekule, Inc.) could become impaired;
- our ability to successfully consummate acquisitions; and
- other economic, business, competitive, and regulatory factors affecting the businesses of the Company generally, including but not limited to those set forth in Molekule’s filings with the
SEC, including in the “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” sections of Molekule’s latest annual report on Form 10-K, as amended, and other SECfilings.
Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks and uncertainties, and actual results may differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements as a result of various factors. Although we believe that the expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements are reasonable based on information currently available, we cannot assure you that the expectations will prove to have been correct. Accordingly, you should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. In any event, these statements speak only as of the date of this release. We assume no obligation to revise or update any of the forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this release or to reflect new information or the occurrence of unanticipated events.
Investor Relations Contacts
Chief Financial Officer, Molekule
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/f309a350-86b4-48b4-8d15-7357fa794a8b
Source: Molekule Group, Inc.